Jun 19, 2012

WE DID IT!!!

We posted on Etsy!!! LLOOOOOKKK:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/emandelle?ref=top_trail

Epic.


To celebrate, here's a little DIY: The poor girl's watercolor



I was inspired by the ombre trend but was too poor to buy watercolor. I, however, have a nice collection of acrylic paints. So, here's the poor girl's version of watercolor.

Materials:
Acrylic paint
Cup of water
Paintbrush
Something to paint on (probably cardstock or thicker would be best; I was doing greeting cards) 
Something to cover your surface




Getting my paintbrush really wet, I dabbed a little acrylic paint directly on the paintbrush. And started painting some notecards. The paint starts pretty concentrated so I dipped the paintbrush in more water and continued painting. 

This was my phone and I am a bad photographer. My apologies.


To add the gradients, I just kept wetting the brush and painting. If you want to change colors, clean off the current color and start the process over again adding it to whatever you already have painted.

Easy piesey, lemon squeezy, no?

Yes.


 Also, because it was water color and this paper wasn't quite thick enough. I ended up squishing them between heavy books so that they would lie flat. Ta dum!

Enjoy!



2 comments: